Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back in the Seattle Again.....

Had a busy day at work but I found a way to work in two WODs at two boxes so far. Olympic CF (Poulsba, WA) and Westsound CF (Port Orchard, WA)

Met Nick and his 3:30 crew as they were finishing up at Olympic CF this afternoon. I thought I was going to a farm house when I got there but it was an awesome space. I did a few kipping muscle ups and then he showed me a progression for strict muscle ups. I actually almost got one. Then Phil showed up and we got to work on the WOD.
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Kettle Bell Swings and 40m sprints. Finished the WOD in a pretty decent time of 5:06.
Finished up, said my good byes , thanked Nick for a great WOD and headed for round two.

......Quick side note......

So a few months ago, I met a guy named Rick Sinclair thru wodclub.com, he is a 55 year old Firefighter from Vashon, WA. Great family man with 3 kids, a wife and a granddaughter who is older than his son. Today though he is a CrossFitter and a bad ass one at that and he was able to meet up with me tonight.

......Side Note Over......

Round two was at Westsound CrossFit. Met Micks crews sans Mick, hes a firefighter and was on duty, just around 6 tonight. Their menu had one of my personal favorites, Deadlifts 5x5x5x5x5. Decided to kick some young kid ass tonight and warm up with 215. The first 3 rounds opened with 315, 365, & 385, Round 4 got crazy with a 405 for me and 395 for Rick. Young asses had nothing on us after round 3. 5th and final round had some guts behind it, 465 for me and 390 for Rick. We were impressed by him, he's a freaking beast!

Well off to bed, possibility of #64 with Kitsap CF in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment