Monday, March 7, 2011

New Things Back Home!

So I went home this weekend to see  my new nephew Kai.  He's adorable. He's like half of my thigh size but he's a rockstar. Great job little brother.
Now on to the fun stuff. 

I stopped by to check out CF Cornerstone (109) to meet up with one of my good friends Jenna and get a WOD in.  This was a different box to say the least.  I have never seen the week laid out in chalk for you to pick.  Brandon K was there when I walked in and explained how things worked at CFC.  It was totally cool how they gave people options but odd how I didn't have my favorite elements of CF, the class and competition.  Jenna and I decided to hit a little CF Total, odd how much I actually like this WOD.  Jenna pulled a 367 and I upped all my lifts 190 Press (+5), 380 Back Sqaut (+5), & 545 (+20).  I actually failed at the top of 555.  A great time was had and I can't wait to see what CFC has in store for their next box. Good Luck guys!
 

 

A long party night turned into an early morning.  Got to CF Covington (110) about 30 minutes early.  Turns out that I grew up down the alley from CFC.  Emily and her crew and family worked super hard to bring that old machine shop to Crossfit life!  I actually met Emily once before at CFNKY so I got a little special treatment.  I really wanted to do the demo wod vice the "Jimbo" wod and Emily was totally cool with it.  After some welcomes, explanations, & the bet between the demo team, we started the WOD of 10 HSPU, 10 DL @ 275, 10 Pull Ups, 10 Clean & Jerks @ 135, 10 Burpees, 10 KB Swings @ 53#, and 1 rope climb.  Eveyone in WOD did a tremendous job, I'll let the pictures explain it all.


While the 2nd group workout was going Jenna and I snuck off to CF Hustle (111) in Erlanger, KY. This box has a ton of potential. Owner Rich Vos planned ahead when picking a place with space.  We did a FGB style with Box Jumps, Double Unders, KB Swings, & Sit Ups.  Good scores all around and I even climbed the 24' rope and signed my name at the top.  Good Stuff Mr. V and I can't wait to see what is in store for your future. 

Now we all rush back for some Paleo food and adult beverages at CF Covington.  Fun time ensued and I got to meet a great staff of enthusiastic crossfitters.  Emily, Jarrett, Laura, and the rest of the CFC crew have a line up in store and I'm looking forward to what they are going to bring to fitness in the Greater Cincinnati Area.  Had a blast everyone, it was hard to leave! See ya soon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment