Wednesday, July 13, 2011

War on the 4th of July 2011

I decided to take a motorcycle ride to meet some great friends down in Luray VA.  This 4 1/2 hour car ride, turned into a 7 hours MC trip.  I saw some great sights, hit some great twisties and got in my longest ride of the year.  I made this trip a little longer than I had to so that I could visit box number 133 in CF WARrenton in Amissville, VA.  I was greated by the owners and trainers Justin and Crystal Willis as soon as I got there.  I was a bit late due to going to the wrong location but they were ok with it.  I quickly changed and got right to work.  100 DU's to start and then 3 rounds of 10 Thrusters, 20 Box Jumps, 30 KB Swings and 30 Sit Ups.  I wasn't going super fast due to taking in the serious garage feel that CF WAR had.  It was an amazing example of what a garage gym should be and much more. Very family oriented and what any crossfitter would want in there backyard.  I thank you Justin for your service as a Firefighter and I'm glad to have gotten to WOD with you and your crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment