Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome back from Strep...

7/12 So I've been on a bit of a forced vacation. Not beaches and drinks but dark hotel rooms and not being able to even swallow. Sounds just wonderful doesn't it! Well it's been 10 days since last WOD so it's time for a 2-a-day!

1st stop is CF Unrivaled (134) in Chesapeake, VA. I realized that I had met the trainer, Jackie, before, she was in my L1 cert over a year ago in Northern VA.  Small World!!!  Now that we got that out of the way, it was time for a little deadlifting with the amazing ladies of CFU.  I really mean ladies, i was the only guy in the class!  Today was a strength day and my favorite strength at that, DEADLIFT! 10-8-6-1-1-1-1-1-1.  45, 225, 315, 405, 475, 475, 505, 505. 535(f). It was hard to get that 505 since there were only steel 45's, so it looked like this.

I had a great time and even helped a girl break thru her fear and hit a huge PR!  Thanks for a great time and I look forward to the next trip to CFU!

Now like I said before it is a 2-a-day so off to CF 757 (135) in Norfolk, VA  I went.  It was another strength day but this time, Overhead Squats!  5x5 was the prescription tonight.  I was a tad weak still so I started light and worked my way up. 135, 155, 175(1/3), 175, 195(2/3)  I worked with 2 other awesome lifters that night.  All about the same strength so it was good fun competition. 

Another fun trip to Tidewater in the books. What box should I visit next?

No comments:

Post a Comment