Saturday, December 24, 2011

Speeding Home

(10/17) I almost forgot to mention that I tore it up at CF Steele Creek (186) in Charlotte, NC before I left.  They were in the  process of moving boxes in the same complex, so it made for an interesting WOD.  8 Rds of 10 KB Snatches, sprint to the other box, 10 Burpee Pull Ups, sprint back  (10:40)
This was a cool box and I'm glad I got to visit. 


WORK.........WORK.........WORK..........WORK..........WORK..........WORK..........WORK.........WORK

(10/19) So I found myself back in the Tidewater area and as always I looked up my BFF, Spiderz, for another WOD.  This time we headed out the newest box, CF Oceana (187), in Virginia Beach, VA.  This place was very raw and still smelled of fresh bumpers.  Many of the clients we still very new and needed a lot of explanations for their WOD of wall balls, double unders and running.  It was nice because I got to help teach double unders to the class.  One woman even started getting them consecutively.  I had a strength day planned, so they were super accommodating with letting me do my own thing.  Spiderz did the WOD with them, while I did a 7x2 ladder of snatches, starting with 95# and ending 1(PR)-1(f) of 200#! I do have to mention that I saw a first here at CFO, two women who were mid WOD, took off outta class to go watch their kids spar at the karate place a few doors down.  They did come back and finish up what they could with the remaining time left.  Afterwards, I met one of the owners who turned out to be an amazing Chiropractor.  Seeing her was so worth the price of admission and my shoulder greatly appreciated it.  There are good folks there and I wish with them all the best in there box. 



Now it’s Thursday (10/20) and tonight is the book release party for Primal Palate’s “Make it Paleo” cookbook.  I’m in Virginia; it’s in Pittsburgh, looks like I need to get my ass in gear!  At 6am we headed for home.  It didn’t take long for us to figure out that we were making great time and could hit up PETN1.66 CF (188) in Warrenton, VA.  These ladies were awesome and they were huge fans of the book.  We got to work with a 4x500m row with 30 sec between  rounds for total time.  Total was 8:35, not shabby but legs were totally gasses for the Tabata B2B that was waiting for us.  I held my own and pulled out a 12.  I hated to WOD and leave but we had to get on our horse and get home.  Thanks ladies for a great WOD and I love your space.  Definitely worth the stop if you’re in the area, Thanks again ladies!



Well we hit the ‘Burgh, got all of our gear stowed and had about 2 hours to space.  The book party was a huge success and is doing well.  I’m glad I made it to the party.  I got to see great people and even hear about the Jill-ness starting her own business.  Till next time friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment