Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Push 511 - A CF Life & Federal Hill



(2/21)  Push 511, ACrossFit Life (339) in Baltimore, MD was a bit hard to find if you were a drop in or new, but it was great time once I found it.  Here I met Anne Marie, owner of 511.  She was a super nice lady and very smart.  After the warm up, we practiced our skill set needed for the WOD then got right after it:  3 rounds of 10 Overhead Squats @ 135 and 50 Double Unders.  This was right up my alley and I smashed it in 4:55.  Overall, I had fun, parking may be an issued depending on the time you are there. Thanks for the fun and enjoy the Kill Cliff!

 
 
Still in the mood for a challenge I headed over to the newest box in town, CF Federal Hill (340).  Owner Geo was my friend Christina’s old trainer out in San Diego at CF Mission Gorge, which I hope to hit later this year.  After our warm up, we got into strength portion of 3x5 snatch grip deadlifts.  Starting a bit light, I finished at 225.  Our WOD that was looming was a modification from the 2012 CF open but none the less fun.  15m AMRAP of 150 squats, 90 double unders, and 30 pull ups.  Taking charge of this was one was tough, though 3 people got thru the 30 pull ups and back thru most of the squats (130 for me).  Federal Hill was a great addition to the CF family and should be around in B-more for a long time.

 
 
Sorry this is taking so long, I got back to being a real sailor again and I had to do deployments and other "Navy" things like that. More to come, I'm only 69 boxes, and 2 countries behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment