Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Annapolis, Nation, Bio, & Southern Maryland


(2/22)  It’s looking like another fast paced day, with lots of ground to cover.  Our first stop was to be at CF Annapolis (341) in Annapolis, MD.  Unfortunately, I misread the time and showed up for the very end of class.  Here I met, Ryan Thompson, he is also a trainer at CF BWI, which I will get to in a few days.  Since there was no class, he let me hit a quick 10m AMRAP of 10KB Snatches @ 2p and 5 MU.  This was tough but it’s what we were doing back at IF and I would be doing it anyways.  After the workout, we sat around and BS’d for a few.  Cool dude, nice place to WOD.  Definitely a fun visit!


  Now I headed about an hour south to meet up with my good friend Leah and see her box, CF Nation (342) in Easton, MD .  It may be a tad out of the way, but definitely the best place in town!  With a little persuasion, I had convinced Leah to do “Grace” with the class.  I even upped the ante and did it at 75#, one handed.  It was a fun race and all the ladies that morning were amazing.  All in all it was great to see my friend, meet her crew and even score some breakfast to catch up with her.  Look forward to seeing you in Feb…with your partner in crime….in Hawaii! 



Continuing on this long day, I found myself in King George County, VA and at BIO CF (343).  Here I met Max, owner of the newly opened box.  Pretty cool place, with some great members.  After a warm up and a movement review we hit the strength portion 3x5 front squats with a 3 sec hold at bottom.  Stayed strong hitting 255 on the last set, then prepped for the WOD.  4rds of (10) 4” deficit pushups, 20 overhead lunges with a 45# plate, and 10 deadlifts at 155 is what we tackled, finishing in 6:35.  BIO was a pretty cool little place with tons of potential.  Keep it up Max

 
 



(2/23)  Now I knew this was going to be outta the way but I took my friend Katie up to CF Southern MD (344) in Waldorf, MD .  We didn’t have much of a WOD but had snatches.  Today was just 20m to 1RM Snatch then 20m to 1 RM C&J.  Katie worked with one of the trainers, while I hit 185 and failed 195 on the snatch and hit 255 and failed 275 on the jerk.  Thanks for letting us hop into your Saturday morning fun and I will always remember that if I drop the bar, everyone else has to do burpees!


 

Next stop Cincinnati....maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment