Sunday, June 12, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

(5/27) So as in all long weekends I find myself trekking from my home in the 'burg to somewhere that has a box I haven't been to. The weekend is no different and I'm heading south to the DC area. I sometimes plan these trips out to overwork myself but get in the boxes or I look around for the best options.  This was a bit of both. I headed out early to my first destination, CF Frederick (122) in Frederick, MD. After a brief intro and the standard waiver, we hit the warm up and then the WOD: 5rd 30 GHD / 25 Back Ext.  This didn't look so rough, but looks are always deceiving!  This 13min of work made my abs hurt all weekend!  Thanks Dave for a great time and I look forward to another beating soon!


No that that beating was out of the way, time to get to the city!  So I continued my journey south and ended up at the open gym of District CF (123).  There I met Andrew, one of the coaches at DCF. I also got the regionals competitor Jennifer Jones and her husband Mike. We talked for a while and then Mike and I started our workout, "Amanda".  Mike and I did really well, beating our previous times by about 3min each.  We watched his wife do some skill work and then talked about the next weekends events.  I actually wound up being here almost 2 hours and could've stayed longer since Mike was going to get lunch.  I didn't know how good this visit was yet bet I would soon.  I wished Jenn luck and was out. Thanks for the hospitality Andrew! This box is totally worth the time to drop into when your in our nations capital. 

Now I wanted to do one more today, but the bed at my friends house kept me away from it.  12 hours of recharging was just what I needed!

(5//28) Now I convinced my good friends Chris, who has crossfitted and Tracy, who has never seen this joy, to go with me for a little 4 person team WOD at Trident CF (124).  A little background with me and CFT owners Chriss and Andrea, they were my L1 coaches, love Primal Palate and I just love them two! So after they described the memorial WOD for their friend "Jason Freiwald", we were off.  This was no ordinary team WOD, this was brutal. 2K Row, 160 Thrusters @ 95#, 160 Burpee Box Jumps, 320 Double Unders, 400m Tire Pull, 50# walking lunges down and back, 160 Pull Ups, & 160 KB Swings.  My team was awesome, we finished in 31 minutes Rx.  This was a great time and a great WOD.  I think Chris and Tracy had a good time.  This box was amazing! Coaches and crew paid tons of attention to form and how you were handling the heat.  If you are ever in the DC Area, make this a must WOD on the Crossfit circuit. 


(5/29) I met up with some friends today and spent the day having brunch and catching up.  After 3  WODS over the last 2 days I was feeling the affects of the deceiving workout on Friday morning.  As the day moved on I keep feeling like I needed just one more to cap off the trip.  I headed around the corner to Potomac CF (125) for a quick Sunday night WOD.  5 Rds 1min row cal 1 min rest 1 min DU 1min rest. Score Cal plus DU divided by 3. Scored a 207.  Cool people and a nice trainer.  Glad I got my friend Karen to join this box. 

 (5/30) I finally decided that it was time head back to the 'burgh but I had one last stop on the way. CF Hanover (126) was having a Memorial Day Hopper Challenge. 3 WOD choices, one pulled from a hat. I got McGhee 30min of 5 deadlifts @ 275, 13 push ups, 9 box jumps.  I wasn't feeling super hot so I got thru 10 rounds. CFH had a great showing of CrossFitters all over PA.  I got to meet some new great people like the Hizz, the Rizz and Tash and donate to a great cause.  Thanks for having me and I'll definitely see you guys again.

No comments:

Post a Comment