1 med pumpkin, cut in half and seeded
1 qt gluten free chicken broth
½ cup coconut milk
½ med sweet onion chopped
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tbs coconut oil
16oz organic pumpkin pie filler
2. Sauté the onion with the coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 450. Place halved pumpkin in a glass dish with about 1in water. Steam pumpkin for about 45-55 min. You should be able to poke thru the skin of the pumpkin fairly easy when it’s ready. Remove from over. Scrap insides of pumpkin from skin and place into food processer or mixer and puree it.
3. Place chicken broth, coconut milk, cinnamon, salt, pumpkin spice, and sautéd onion into larger pan and let simmer
4. Add the pumpkin puree and pie filler to broth mixture
5. Let cook on medium for about 30 min
Tip 1: add crushed walnuts for texture and perfect secondary flavorTip 2: if you can’t make puree, add the pumpkin scrapings to the broth mixture and use the mixer on it. Be careful, this could get a little messy
Tip 3: microwaving the pumpkin halves will reduce the prep time. Microwave each half for 10 min each or until insides are soft
TC version of the MIP difficulty scale – 1 whisk
I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks again to Diane, Bill, and Hayley for the inspiration. I won't be a paleo blogger but just another adoring fan.