Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Bit of Boston

12/22 This morning had the biggest task for a WOD at hand as stopped in to CF Hingham (97) and see Eric Maghee.  (5) 15' Rope Climbs / 10 Unbroken HPC @ 185# / 200 DU / 10 Unbroken HPC / 5 Rope Climbs. This is no doubt one of the hardest WOD's I've done in a long time. 
My hand after and 2 days after this WOD!  So as you can tell I had to do a little scaling (135# HPC and no second set of rope climbs.  Thanks Eric, this was brutal!
A little later, my friend Ellie got home from South Africa and wanted to meet up for a WOD. Little did we know that this would take place in the weirdest place ever.... a church! Commonwealth CF (98) is held in the bottom of a church in order to help Brian get his business off the ground.  After a some intros and warm up, we hit their version of the 12 Days of Christmas: 1 Squat, 2 Push Ups, 3 Sit Ups, 4 KB Swings, 5 DU, 6 KB Push Press, 7 Burpees, 8 Good Mornings, 9 Box Jumps, 10 Walking Lunges, 11 Jump Tucks, 12 Goblet Squats.  This was a fun 15 min followed by a great photo shoot!


12/23 I tried to hit 100 before I left but the one box I picked, CF of Malbourough, didn't open due to car trouble.  So we head down to the city and hit CF Southie (99). I met Amy a little early and took a look at their version of the 12 Days of Christmas: 1 Burpee Thruster, 2 Turkish Get Ups, 3 Front Squats, 4 C&J, 5 KB Swings, 6 SDHP, 7 Clapping Push ups, 8 K2E, 9 Pull ups, 10 Box Jumps, 11 OHS, 12 HSPU. The weights were 115 and 1.5p for all and there was a 45min cut off. I finished up with 11 rounds & 12-5. I may have been a little beat up, but hey this was rough. 

That's New Englad for this trip. 9 new boxes, 3 states, and 1 trip to the original box.  A great time was had by all, maybe next time I'll hit 100.  Thanks LL, MHP, and Bay State Athletics for taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment