Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fishing and Football

If you haven't figured it out, I took a few travel days off to go thru promotion training.  I'm a Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy.  I got a fancy new title, LSC(SS) "Navy" Mike and a fancy new uniform. Enough about that though, back to the WODs!


(9/24) I'm back in Charlotte, NC to visit two of my favorite people in the world, Shawn and Gen Caplette.  They have been better than family to me over the last 12 years and I love to go see them from time to time.  I took MEG, another co-worker, with me so that he could go fishing and see some football with us.  I got up a little early to hit a box or two before the fish started to bite. I found myself first at CF Strength (171) early this Saturday morning. This wasn't your normal looking box by no means.  It was attached to another gym but just barely.  It was hard to explain how crazy it was walking in but once you were in, you knew you were home.  Awesome platforms, tons of creativity, and Bostonians made this place what it was. 
Our 1st WOD was 5rds of 15 Wall Balls and 15 Aussie Push Ups (APU are pulling versions of push ups with your body in that plank position) 7:14  I felt alright after so we took on their WOD "STRENGTH" 5rds of 50m sled push and burpees.  This was 5:10 of hell! Fun but Hell!

Tony and Steph DiLiegro were awesome to work with and really know their sh*t, were Sox fans and they are super strong too!  Glad I could make it in, thanks again!

I had some time to kill before I had to be at the dock, so I figured I'd hit up one more box on the way to the dock.  CF Eternal (172) was on my route, so as always why the hell not.  They had planned a park WOD but I wanted to get a pic of the sign for you all.  When I got there I saw some demo work going on and a guy was building a wheel barrow.  Little did I know that it would be my buddy from this years CF Games, and CFE owner, Josh Elmore. I worked with Josh a lot during the games to make sure everything went according to plan for the Masters Athletes.  I also met some of his athletes, family, and even his wife during this visit  I helped a little bit the the cinder block clean up and then took my turn at "Elizabeth" (21-15-9 Power Cleans and Ring Dips (6:15))


It was a quick and dirty but I really had to get my ass to the dock.  I can't wait to see what the place looks like next time I get to visit.  Thanks bro for letting me use your space.  You and the family are good people, next time I'll try and hit the paleo meal night you guys have. 

As for fishing, we caught two fish and got some great sun.  Football was a bit wet to say the least!  At least the Panthers won!


(9/27) I popped back into GSS CF to see my BFF Cheryl and hit a WOD with her.  Air Force WOD (20 Thrusters, SDHP, Push Press, OHS & Front Squats @ 95# every min do 4 burpees) I finished in 6:54 just so I didn't have to do anymore burpees.  Cheryl kicked butt too!

Then I headed over to meet my friends Tony and Steph for a redo.  I say redo because I've been to this box before but it changed affiliate names and now it's called Hybrid CF (173) in Va Beach, which is part of HTC.  We got into the TRX/CF class, which they both love.  Steph beat me on the first half of the WOD which was TRX Cindy (6 Full Rds) but I got her back after the 2min rest though. 8min of 8 TRX Roll ups, 10 Y Squats, and 12 Hami strains (11)


After a bit of horseplay on the rings and bars, we said our goodbyes and I headed back to my hotel for some rest and to get ready for my upcoming adventure to DC.  Just wait for the most expensive box visit ever..........with no drop in fee!

No comments:

Post a Comment