Friday, November 12, 2010

What a week.....

So I accidentially hit the save button vice the post button but heres what you missed....

(11/4) Well I decided that I need to go home to Cinicnnati to register my Jeep since PA has some hex again lifted vehicles but first a stop at Integrated Fitness in Bethel Park, PA. Great AB Killing Workout:
4 RFT
8 Overs / 9 Russian MB Twists / 10 V ups / 11 Prayers then a 350m Row sprint. Finished up in Sub 7
Really good group and a good coach in Jim.
Now off to Cincy...getting tired....make a phone call....crashing in Columbus instead :)

(11/5) So I looked up the closest Affliate to my friend Karen's house and found CF Core Tactix in Dublin, OH.  I really was unimpressed with this one.  The space was great, people were cool, but the trainer was a tool! I don't know for sure but they said his name was Bo.  He didn't introduce himself and left just as fast thru his special door as he came in.  The WOD: 10 Rds 7 SDHP @ 95 / 7 Pull Ups - Untimed. Just not a good experience, Sorry CFCT.


Grab some fuel for the body and the Jeep and off to CrossFit Heights in Dayton, OH.  Here I met Tamarraw, co-owner of CFH.  This was a very friendly box that had some great clients.  The WOD, 800m 55# DB Farmes Carry. Seems easy but everytime you drop it and do 5 Burpees, 10 Push ups and 15 squats. Go light and start with the penaly, go heavy and get a pass on 1 drop.  Made it thru in 9:59 with 1 drop.  Totally a fun WOD and had a blast hanging out and chatting.  Awesome box and great trainer, Thanks for the beenie T!

(11/6) Now here I go again with my bright ideas, a saw a new box opened up about 90 min away in Madison, IN. This trip came without its obsticals! I'm talking a building fire, cows, new boots and crazy countries roads! My friend Jenna asked me to take her to CrossFit, I know that Jaimie wanted to take her but Jenna really wanted to drink the Kool Aid!  We met Nick and his crew and quickly learned that Mad City CF has actually only been open for 6 days! I must say this was a very welcoming box and took very good care of my new boot. 
Now for the WOD: 5 RFT 10 Box Jumps 20" / 10 Sit Ups / 10 SDHP @ 75# = 11:10
I didn't get to meet Cori but big ups to her and Nick and all of Mad City CF, here's to a long sucessful journey!

(11/7) Now it's time to leave Cincy and head back to the 'Burg, but not without a detour or two!  Detour 1, CF Power Performance in Loveland, OH.  Now this was a crazy place with grafitti all over the walls and heavy metal music blarring...I loved it! I met trainers Pat and Chad when I walked in the door. I watched the end of their Oly class, did some warm up and then got to work.
1 min on, 1 min off of the following:  Row for Cal, Bike for Speed, Sledgehammer Swings, Double Unders, Lateral Shuffels, and Punching Push Ups: Tabata Scoring except total Cals on rower = 231.5
This was something new and very interesting for me, loved the intesity and even the ribbing by owner Alicia who came in mid wod.  Thanks CFPP, I'll definately come visit this box again.
Well it's a long drive home, so to break it up I found a Sunday night WOD at the home the 2010 CF Games Mens Champ, Graham Holmberg aka CF Columbus.  Graham wasn't in but his partner Brandon was. Now this was a big class for a Sunday night and they were all good people.  After some warm up rounds and some double under / pistol skill work we hit a favorite WOD of mine, but in a new way.  "Jackie" was her name but in reverse! 30 Pull Ups, 50 thrusters @ 45#, and a 1000m Row = 7:14. Loved the way this turned out, glad I made the stop.  Thanks CFC, hope you like my "Doubled Up" wod.

Well 79 boxes down and countless stops to go, I'll say this is one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. Here's to more boxes in more cities and more states....







No comments:

Post a Comment