Saturday, May 7, 2011

Final games thoughts

So I've finally finished the 2011 Reebok CF Games sectionals.  I've learned lots about myself, my training, and my capacity to endure pain.  I know that my training has been thrown out the window for the last 6 weeks or so and with that my diet has suffered and my body is wrecked.  I've dealt with a family member loss, a concussion, and gym move between wods.  Through it all, I can tell you that I've discovered a few weaknesses and a few strengths on this journey and I wouldn't change a thing. 

11.5 was brutal on the forearms.  No one would have ever guessed that would they? 
5 Power Cleans @ 145, 10 T2B, 15 Wall Balls. 15m AMRAP.  I started strong and faded fast.  I think I finished at 8rds, 5/10/1. 

11.6 or Fran on crack.  No one thought that with a 4min Fran that C2B pull ups would change this WOD that much.  7min go til failure of 3 Thrusters @ 100#, 3 C2B Pull Ups, 6/6, 9/9, etc...
I pulled out 102 total reps, got into my rd of 18 thrusters.  I actually tried this twice and trashed my hands the second time. 

As the games scores went final, I finished 294 in the Mid-Atlantic.  Not bad, I think I was somewhere in the top 3500 overall.  With it in the books, I found what I need to fix, have a great coach in Jim Crowell who will make me stronger @ Integrated Fitness, and have a whole year to plan.  Now to regionals to judge and cheer on CF Pittsburgh and CF RAW from the local area. Also gotta mention my good friend and far far away training partner Rick Sinclair who made the 2011 Reebok CF Games in the 55-59 Masters category, I can't wait to be there my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment