Sunday, May 12, 2013

Root 18 & Big Fish

(2/6) I had decided the night before that I was only doing a single today and taking it easy.  So I got up early and headed over to Root 18 CF (331) in Medina, OH.  I got there right on time, filled out my paperwork and got into the warm up with the class.  Root 18 had a split level, so all of our platforms were on a low level and the rig was up on the higher level.  We had a 4x3 back squat on tap to start the morning.  135-225-275-305 were solid numbers for the crack of dawn.  After our strength portion, we hit up the WOD of 21-15-9 back squats @ 165 & T2B.  This was a fun one, finishing in 5:17, especially with the added measure of running up to the rig every time. I had a good workout and I hope they remember what we talked about.  Keep growing and get after guys! 


(2/7) Now I had to start heading out of Ohio and back to PA.  I did make a promise though to see my boys at CF Big Fish (332) in Erie, PA.  Jim has always had an open invite for me to come workout with his coaching staff and I took him up on it.  We thought long and hard and came up with a 3 round, 3 part, 2 sections a part kinda beast.  NO TIME, DO WORK.  We all partnered up and did 300# yoke carries with 135 squat cleans - Cal Rows with 205# deadlifts - box jumps with squats with pull ups. Max out each in a minute, switch with your partner then rotate stations.  After you did them all a 400m run was in order.  After the last runner was done, a one minute break occurred, on the last round, everyone had a 400.  It sounds like a lot, but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for a great time brother!  Your crew is awesome!!!



Now it was time for me and Buddy to get on down the road.  We had some Amish Mafia CF to get to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment