Friday, February 1, 2013

Home - Calibrated & Anax


(12/26/12)  Today we got an epic snow storm in Cincinnati.  People could not or would not drive in this crap.  Well I’m not normal people, so I headed out to an open gym session at Calibrated CrossFit (309) in Mason, OH.  I kind of expected this but I was the only one there.  I was given the room and told to play whatever I wanted.  I took to my normal programming that day and hit a 2x20 back squat at 175 & 275.  Then I hit a 5x5 Deadlift 155, 245, 335, 415, & 435.  Finally I hit a 2x20 bench of 115 and 165.  I was kinda bummed I did not get to meet the owner, but I did meet his partner.  They had a program much like we do at home at Integrated Fitness, only with different rooms.  I enjoyed to solitude and the lifts, wish I could have gotten a better feel of the community there.  Oh well, next time!  Thanks for letting my play!

The weather cleared a bit so I headed over to the DMV to get new tags for the Jeep. Too bad it was really close to CrossFit Anax (310) in Cincinnati, OH. I went in and saw the previous class hitting a chipper.  I did not get that luxury though.  The class did their back squat portions and I helped the girls out before I got a slap in the face with the WOD. “HEAVY GRACE” HG is painful no matter how you slice it. 30 Clean and jerks @ 225 is how the game is played.  I was the only one going Rx, so I figured a goal was to just finish it.  I took my time, all 19:59 of it.  I did it, no misses. It was brutal and I was wrecked.  The class was nice, some people cheered on others.  I had a good time at Anax.  It’s not fancy but it gets the job done and I’m glad I made the stop.  I even ran into my friend Sarah’s boss who was hitting the WOD with me. 


Well time to get the tags.  Let’s see what our ride home has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment