Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lebanon/MesserFit & FTW


(12/27/12) Time to head home and get ready for my New Years trip to Nola.  Well I can say that I did it again, this time with two stops.  First stop was at CF Lebanon (311) in Lebanon, OH Collin Messer, the owner wasn’t in, but I did meet his brother Kyle Messer.  MesserFit/CFL was a studio style place, with pull up bars coming out of the ceiling.  Here in store for me was something they called “Moon Dog”  Moon Dog was 3 rounds of 30 double unders, 20 pull ups, 10 burpees, 10 deadlifts, and 10 DB snatches.  I actually liked this work out, well except for the burpees.  It was tough to move through when you were doing it by yourself.  Oh well, I finished up in 14:29.  CFL is a bit off the beaten path but I had a great time.  Thanks for having me!

 

Damn you Columbus, how can I never get through you without stopping?  This time I hit up FTW CF (312) in Columbus, OH.   Here I met Ryan Callahan, he owns and runs the place.  FTW has a very different approach to timing. It was always open gym and he was usually there to train.  You could do what you wanted or do what was on the board.  I did what I wanted and hit my heavy back squat day…yes I love to squat!  5-5-3-3-1-1-1-1-1 was the scheme, hitting 185-225-275-325-345-365-385-and a sketchy 390(PR).  The lift wasn’t pretty but it worked.  I think that FTW has an interesting concept and I’m glad it works for them.  Thanks for letting me come in and get a lift in, great talking with you as well.  Take Care!!



Back to the Burgh I go, then off to Nola! 

No comments:

Post a Comment